Schedule Your Next Appointment
Schedule your next appointment to get more information about Dental Crowns.
The benefits of getting dental crowns
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that fully covers the entire visible portion of a tooth lying at and above the gum line. Its purpose is to strengthen the tooth and improve its appearance by restoring its shape and size. Your dental crown is customized according to your exact specifications in terms of shape, size, color, and fit.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
Getting a dental crown is recommended as a treatment option for situations such as:
- Protecting a weak tooth from fracturing or restoring a broken tooth with a significant tooth structure loss
- Over a huge filling to prevent it from fracturing under masticatory forces
- A dental crown covers the tooth over which it is placed (like a protective cap/cover for your tooth) and protects the tooth against tooth decay.
- Dental crowns are primarily used as part of restorative procedures as well as for but they numerous cosmetic benefits such as for the correction of discolored, stained, misshapen teeth, crookedness, chips, cracks, fractures, and more.
- A crown can be used to provide an aesthetic solution to cover up a stained or unusually shaped tooth by restoring it to its natural shape, size, and color
- A crown can be used to keep a cracked tooth together to prevent the crack from further propagating or till you get the tooth extracted
You can talk with your dentist regarding more information and queries about possible alternatives.