Schedule Your Next Appointment
Schedule your next appointment to get more information about your next cleaning.
Teeth Whitening and Cleaning
Benefits of getting your teeth examined and cleaned
Dental hygiene has a huge impact on general health of a person along with the oral health.
- Improved oral health :The examination and visit to a dentist every 6 months for a routine dental check-up has a good impact in one’s life. Disease free mouth is a step towards a healthy body. That’s why mouth is called the mirror of the body.
- Reduced risk of periodontal diseases :The gum diseases like gingivitis is initiated with the plaque accumulation in the sulcus area in the gums. This is reversible if treated at an early stage. If ignored or left untreated, condition usually progresses with time and involves the bone along with the gums. this is then termed as periodontitis. This is not reversible completely. Periodontitis is linked with diabetes. One of the most commonly seen hormonal dysfunction in people with poor lifestyle and habits. Periodontitis is almost seen inevery patient with diabetes.
- Reduced incidence of cavities :Proper brushing habits and professional cleaning reduces the bacterial load in the mouth. This is associated with reduced risk of caries along with improvement in the periodontal health.
- Improved self-awareness :Improved self care and awareness is improved with a healthy smile. This has a great impact on the self esteem, with a positive attitude towards health and other aspects of life.
- Improved cardio-vascular health :The microbial load in an unhealthy mouth may enter the blood stream. These micro-organisms has shown to form microbial vegetative colonies in the heart valves affecting the cardiovascular health. This includes infective endocarditis, poor functioning of the valves causing murmurs and rarely, even pathogenic strains may cause toxemia in extremely severe cases